SERATEX® SlimSling® Version 11/2020 – Art.Nr. 851155
SERATEX® delivery programme Version 08/2019 – Art.Nr. 801025
Instructions for use SERAMESH®/SERATOM®/SERATIM®/SERASIS®/SERATEX®/SERAGYN® Version 2020-05 – CE090017
Mimics the body’s natural structures
SERATEX® SlimSling® mimics the natural ligaments in the body. The advantage of this combination is that the textile implant is already fixed to an atraumatic HRX needle made of 300 series stainless steel. Thanks to its slim fit, minimally invasive procedures are possible. A further feature of SERATEX® SlimSling® is that it maintains its structure under both moderate tension and lateral pressure, i.e. there is no significant loss of width and it holds its shape even under tension while at the same time remaining flexible.
SERATEX® SlimSling® is used for prolapse and in cases of urge incontinence, when the functionality of the ligaments is no longer sufficiently guaranteed. In a cervicosacropexy, for example, the cervix is attached to the sacral bone, mimicking the function of the uterosacral ligament. Tightening up the anterior wall of the vagina provides support for the bladder and brings it back into the correct anatomical position.
Advantages of SERATEX® SlimSling®
- Thanks to the stability of SERATEX® SlimSling® in combination with the SERAPRO® RTD reusable tunnelling device, the tape can be tunnelled beneath the peritoneum. This procedure obviates the need for a large opening in the peritoneum and its subsequent closure.
- SERATEX® SlimSling® is visible on MRI scans.
- The material used for SERATEX® SlimSling® is produced in this width and does not have to be cut. It can be tied and behaves in a similar way to suture material.
- It does not, however, cut through the tissues like a suture thread, but provides an area of support.
- The slim SERATEX® SlimSling® tape implant introduces minimal foreign material.