SERATEX® SlimSling® product data
dyed, monofilament, non-absorbable
- 0.3 x 90 cm with HRX-27 needle
- Pore size:
- ~ 2 x 1.5 mm
- SERATEX® SlimSling®Version 11/2020 – Art.Nr. 851155
- SERATEX® delivery programmeVersion 08/2019 – Art.Nr. 801025
- Instructions for use SERAMESH®/SERATOM®/SERATIM®/SERASIS®/SERATEX®/SERAGYN®Version 2020-05 – CE090017
The risks that may be encountered even with the correct use of the product are given in the Instructions for Use.
Mimics the body’s natural structures
SERATEX® SlimSling® mimics the natural ligaments in the body. The advantage of this combination is that the textile implant is already fixed to an atraumatic HRX needle made of 300 series stainless steel. Thanks to its slim fit, minimally invasive procedures are possible. A further feature of SERATEX® SlimSling® is that it maintains its structure under both moderate tension and lateral pressure, i.e. there is no significant loss of width and it holds its shape even under tension while at the same time remaining flexible.
SERATEX® SlimSling® is used for prolapse and in cases of urge incontinence, when the functionality of the ligaments is no longer sufficiently guaranteed. In a cervicosacropexy, for example, the cervix is attached to the sacral bone, mimicking the function of the uterosacral ligament. Tightening up the anterior wall of the vagina provides support for the bladder and brings it back into the correct anatomical position.
Other potential uses are:
- Urge incontinence due to prolapse
- To eliminate the causes of central prolapse by sacrocolpopexy, sacrohysteropexy or pectopexy
Advantages of SERATEX® SlimSling®
- Thanks to the stability of SERATEX® SlimSling® in combination with the SERAPRO® RTD reusable tunnelling device, the tape can be tunnelled beneath the peritoneum. This procedure obviates the need for a large opening in the peritoneum and its subsequent closure.
- SERATEX® SlimSling® is visible on MRI scans.
- The material used for SERATEX® SlimSling® is produced in this width and does not have to be cut. It can be tied and behaves in a similar way to suture material.
- It does not, however, cut through the tissues like a suture thread, but provides an area of support.
- The slim SERATEX® SlimSling® tape implant introduces minimal foreign material.
Plus points for the patients
- minimal foreign body component with optimal pore size
- the tape implant holds its shape while at the same time remaining flexible
- minimal trauma due to the optimal fit of the needle and textile tape
- improved, wider area of support
a: standard mesh that is cut to size - the implant no longer holds its shape
b: SERATEX® SlimSling® - no cutting necessary, the implant holds its shape
|SERATEX L MR, 0,3x90 cm|
PU 3 pieces
|SERATEX L MR, 0,3x90 cm|
PU 1 piece