- SERATEX® SlimSling®
- dyed / monofilament / non-absorbable
- SERATEX® SlimSling®Version 12/2015 – Art.Nr. 851155
- SERATEX® delivery programmeVersion 08/2019 – Art.Nr. 801025
- Instructions for use SERAMESH®/SERATOM®/SERATIM®/SERASIS®/SERATEX®/SERAGYN®Version 2020-05 – CE090017
SERATEX® SlimSling® is used for prolapse and in cases of urge incontinence, when the functio-nality of the ligaments is no longer sufficiently guaranteed. In a cervicosacropexy, for example, the cervix is attached to the sacral bone, mimicking the function of the uterosacral ligament. Tightening up the anterior wall of the vagina provides support for the bladder and brings it back into the correct anatomical position. Another option for using the SERATEX® SlimSling® is transvaginal colpo-suspension.
Further possibilities for use:
- Urge incontinence due to prolapse
- To eliminate the causes of central prolapse by sacrocolpopexy, sacrohysteropexy or pectopexy
- Transvaginal colposuspension (TVC)
Mimics the body’s natural structures
SERATEX® SlimSling® mimics the natural ligaments and therefore adapts perfectly to the body’s anatomical structures.
One advantage of this novel combination is that the textile implant is already fixed to an atraumatic HRX needle made of 300 stainless steel. Its slim fit allows minimally invasive procedures with minimal tissue trauma.
A further feature of SERATEX® SlimSling® is its resilience to tension and pressure, so that it holds its shape even under stress while still remaining flexible.
Advantages of SERATEX® SlimSling®
- Thanks to the stability of SERATEX® SlimSling® in combination with the SERAPRO® RTD reusa-ble tunnelling device, the tape can be tunnelled beneath the peritoneum. This procedure obviates the need for a large opening in the peritoneum and its subsequent closure.
- The unique combination of needle and textile implant allows completely new surgical techniques.
- SERATEX® SlimSling® is visible on MRI scans.
- The material used for SERATEX® SlimSling® is produced in this width and does not have to be cut. It can be tied and behaves in a similar way to suture material.
- It does not, however, cut through the tissues like a suture thread, but offers an area of support.
- The slim SERATEX® SlimSling® tape implant introduces minimal foreign material.